Saturday, June 20, 2015

Chick peas = Marshmallow Cream?

Chick peas. I think Salads and Hummus. Never cookies, or dessert. But recently, my views have changed on how versatile they actually are. Check out my blog on Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies here to find out what happened!

My friend Theresa (check out her blog on New Feminism here) tagged me in a post on Facebook today that was for a Vegan Marshmallow Cream/Meringue. What does it use? The left over liquid from a chickpea can, and a sweetner of some sort. That's it (Recipe here). Since I was already making the Chick pea cookies, I may as well try this. I can just whip it up while the cookies are baking.

Here is the beginning. Nothing to exciting. I used honey, so not technically vegan, but you can use fine sugar, or Agave nectar.

This is about 10 minutes in to the beating process. Starting to thicken up. As you will notice in the background, my little man was having lots of fun.. playing with his dinner.
After about 15 minutes ( right about the time I was pulling the cookies out of the oven) I get this!
MARSHMALLOW CREAM!
Now here was perfection. I should have stopped there. Since my Chick pea cookies came out awesome, I wanted to make these into Meringue cookies. 

Well, I should have stopped at the fluff. This was a flop. I was guessing they would for two reasons. The first was I couldn't get them to Stiff peaks, and second.. I used honey. The recipe said a liquid sweetner might not work as well, and it didn't. 

But all in all, it was a great, nummy baking experience! Try the cookies (here)! And if you want Marshmallow fluff, make this! If you want to make it in to a Meringue cookie, don't use a liquid sweetner, and you will be set. 

All for the Glory of God...

No comments:

Post a Comment