Saturday, June 20, 2015

Chick pea cookies..??? You've got my attention

Recently, I was very intrigued by two different dessert recopies that I saw that involved the use of a very interesting, low calorie ingredient.  The first one that really caught my eye was this Peanut Butter Chocolate chip cookie dough Bites recipe. It's Gluten Free, and can easily be made into a Vegan recipe. The second recipe is this one called "Healthy Marshmallow Fluff" which is also vegan. What's the main ingredient?

Chick peas...


uh huh. You heard it right. Chick peas. Otherwise known as Garbanzos. Peanut butter (yum) + Chocolate (YUMMY) + ...Chick peas (!!!)=???


I gotta tell you, sweets are my weakness. I have tried lots of "healthier" recipes, only to be  eating what tasted like cardboard in my kitchen... and upset at wasted ingredients. But, I had a can of Chick Peas in my pantry that needed to be used up. So, I decided to try it. I mean, smother something in peanut butter and chocolate... eh might come out OK.


So, off I went. I followed the recipe.. I was quite surprised as it started looking like a great cookie dough. BUT, before I decided to add the precious chocolate, I wanted to try this mysterious Chickpea concoction, just in case it was a complete failure. Not bad... it was actually really good! I couldn't taste any difference between a regular peanut butter dough, and this dough! (Somewhere in between I had to pick my jaw up off the floor). In go the Chocolate pieces, and you get this numminess...

After I ate half the dough... I turned the oven on to 350 and baked these babies for about 16 minutes.

Yum-o! They are delish! I am freezing part of the dough to serve to my sister who is going Gluten Free right now, and is coming down in a few weeks. I'll let you know how they turn out!

Wish I could give you one through the computer... but since that won't work.. I'll just eat yours.



How did the Vegan Marshmallow Fluff turn out? Find out here...


All for the Glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment